Marriage Counseling is only effective if both couples genuinely want to attend the counseling
session. The success of any marriage counseling
is fundamentally dependent on timing, couples wishing to make things work and the quality of the marriage counselor
. In one documented case a woman in UK spent over £54,000 (roughly $97,000 US) and still failed to save her marriage. The truth is that most couples often only think about marriage counseling when things have got really bad between them and they are on the verge of divorce
. If you are having marital disputes then PEYMA's recommendation is that you contact your nearest marriage counselor before you reach the point of no return.
One woman spent nearly £54,000 ($97,000 US) on marriage counseling only to end up getting divorced. In a letter to a national news paper in 2003 this lady accused the marriage counselors as being nothing more than a fraud and compared the marriage counseling associations to tobacco companies.
The national counseling association provided the following statement:
"Ms *********, who now believes therapy is fraud, may never have been a suitable candidate for counselling. She might have realized this before spending £54,000 on treatment. Her therapy was conducted many years ago, whereas any modern therapist with ******** would have a supervisor who would insist that it's unethical to treat someone who may not be helped by the talking approach. Ms ******* is equally unjustified in comparing ****** to tobacco companies in our use of research data. The best evidence that counselling and psychotherapy are effective treatments comes from Dr Michael King's independent trial, published in December 2000, which concluded that for the majority of depressions counselling and psychotherapy are effective and cost-effective treatments."
There are a number of approaches to marriage counseling, ranging from the private one to one approach to the group therapy sessions. If for any reason you are unable to attend counseling, then you are able to opt for an online counseling. However, choosing an online counselor is extremely difficult as there are far too many con artists passing themselves as qualified counselors and charging people for advice. Be advised that you must not trust a counselor purely based on their website, as they could very well turn up to be some inexperienced counselor operating from their bedroom.
PEYMA's approach to Relationship Counseling?
After years of research, PEYMA has identified the most common questions an experienced counselor would need ask to determine the behavioral model of couples. This behavioral model is then used to determine the root cause of most couple's disputes. These questions were then used as the basis for a unique online questionnaire which can be completed without the need for a counselor being present. The questionnaire is then sent to one of our specially trained counselors for analysis.
The benefits of our unique approach are:
- Accessibility - As couples are not required to attend any therapy sessions, anyone is able to resolve the root cause of most marital disputes.
- Accuracy - Over the past few years, more and more research into human behavior has revolutionized our understanding of human psyche. This is because with an increased governmental and corporate financial backing, the research establishments have been able to carry out more in depth studies into human behavior. The result of these studies now influence every aspect of our lives, from Sales and Marketing to catching criminals. The by-product of one of these studies has resulted in a new and more accurate approach to Relationship counseling.
- Affordability - Our Relationship Counseling and Personality Test services costs a fraction of the traditional methods.
- Objectivity - The effectiveness of a Relationship Counselor has always been determined by the counselor's ability to assess the root cause of a couple's disputes. Our approach has revolutionized this process, as couples and Marriage Counselors are able to use our approach to quickly and accurately determine the Behavioral Model of couples, as well as, the root cause of the couples' behavioral disputes. This therefore makes our approach extremely accurate, fast and objective.
- Avoiding the social and cultural stigma associated with attending the traditional Relationship Counseling sessions - There is still a huge stigma attached to people using relationship counselors. A recent survey has shown that this stigma stems from couples' perceived feeling of being type caste as a "failure"! Our approach however requires no counseling sessions. Even traditional marriage counselors are now starting to utilize our services to help with their more difficult cases!